Google

Saturday, January 26, 2008

3M like the tape - movies, music, and mawesomeness

Last night I saw the worst movie I've seen in the last year. Disney's lavishly epic "The Game Plan" couldn't even hold my attention as long as "Enchanted" and gets my nod for the year's worst.

However, I like to think positively and in the spirit of awards season, of what I've seen, here are my favorites.

Top 5


Atonement – this movie haunts me


Across the Universe - funner than Atonement, but not at the same level


Juno - I don't want to talk about Ellen Page, I want to talk about Kimya Dawson and the soundtrack


The Savages – my favorite actor and actress – can’t be bad


The Darjeeling Limited - not my favorite Wes Anderson flick, especially having to follow up my favorite, but still a good one.

Honorable Mention: The Great Debaters, Sicko, Waitress

Top movie soundtracks:
1. Juno
2. Across the Universe
3. The Darjeeling Limited

Who would have thought that a Wes Anderson soundtrack would have been beaten out by two other movies in the same year?

Kimya Dawson - Tire Swing

Kimya Dawson - Loose Lips

The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You

The Kinks - Strangers

The Kinks - This Time Tomorrow

Satyajit Ray - Title Music from TEEN KANYA

Jim Sturgess - I've Just Seen a Face

Martin Luther McCoy - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Joe Anderson w/Salma Hayek - Happiness is a Warm Gun


I still haven't seen "I'm Not There," which does have some good Dylan covers, but not greatness throughout. I plan on watching "Once" in the next couple days which is supposed to be a movie that will make you fall in love with music all over again so I may have a new arrival to this list. We'll see...

No comments: